More about HUABIAO
- The “HUABIAO” whole-exome public database was launched in November 2017 by the Key Laboratory of Modern Anthropology of the Ministry of Education of Fudan University in collaboration with iGeneTech company. It is the first whole-exome public database with the main purpose of sharing in China, whose architecture was designed by the research team of academician Jin Li in Fudan University. The AIwholeExome whole-exome capture chip, independently developed by iGeneTech, was used for sequence capture.
- A total of 5,000 individuals were collected from four representative populations, mainly in Henan, Jiangsu, Shanghai and Guangxi. Through whole-exome sequencing and analysis of the Han Chinese in different regions of China, the database of whole-exome allele frequencies of the Han Chinese was generated to provide a public database for life science and biomedical research.
- Sequencing of all samples and data analysis of 5000 cases have been completed, which constitutes the first version of the whole-exome database and will be launched in 2020.
- o The data analysis work is completed by the research team of academician Jin Li in Fudan University. For project introduction, please refer to EXAC (http://exac.broadinstitute.org/) and gnomAD (http://gnomad.broadinstitute.org/).
regional composition of population
- Based on molecular anthropology, the research direction of our laboratory has diffused to various fields of biological anthropology and cultural anthropology, expanding the functions of disciplines in three aspects: cross sectional, longitudinal, and deep. In cross sectional research, the genetic structure of ethnic groups in China, Asia-Pacific even the whole world is studied to explore the origin and migration process of modern people and the law of national formation and change. In longitudinal sectional research, the evolution laws of human beings are discussed, while bone samples from various archaeological sites are studied to construct a space-time network of the genetic structure and the evolution of ancient people. In deep sectional research, the genetic structure and mechanism of various human forms are analyzed, the evolution of the human is discussed and the molecular mechanism and the relationship between the environment of the onset of complex diseases are explored, etc. We focus on the survey of various populations and ethnic groups in Asia and the Pacific. A mass of collected samples involve tens of thousands of individuals in hundreds of populations. The study of these samples helps to clarify the origin of people in the Asia-Pacific region. China has a large number of ethnic groups, multiple language families and complex migration processes, there are a lot of historical and ethnic issues worthy of molecular anthropological research.
- In recent years, we have published dozens of papers in domestic and foreign journals, including international authoritative journals such as《Science》 and 《Nature》. Approved by the Ministry of Education, the first human biology doctorate in China was established, and more than five national and provincial science and technology progress awards have been received till now.
- Address: School of Life Sciences, Jiangwan Campus of Fudan University , 2005, Song hu Road, Shanghai, China
- Tel: 021-51630607
- Fax: 021-51630607