Policies & Disclaimers
Website and Data Usage Policies and Disclaimers
Welcome to visit Bio-Med Big Data Center. Please read and understand the following statement before using the services provided by BMDC. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following usage policies and disclaimers.
- BMDC is not liable to you or third parties claiming through you, for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Although BMDC makes every endeavor to keep the information in this website correct, it makes no representations or warranties of any kind about the completeness, accuracy, reliability with respect to information in BMDC.
- Some BMDC web pages may provide links to other websites, strictly for the convenience of site visitors. It is not our responsibility to the availability or content of these external sites, nor does BMDC endorse, warrant or guarantee any products, services, information described or offered at these other websites.
- We reserve the right to update the terms of our Website and Data Usage Policies and Disclaimers from time to time. If we have done any modification of these terms, we will remind you on our webpage. Your continued use of our websites will mean you accept those changes.
- During your visit to BMDC, your web browser may produce pop-up advertisements. The most likely source of such advertisements is from another website you visited or third-party software on your computer. We are not responsible for this.
- BMDC may contain general information regarding medical substances, treatments and conditions. Information posted on this website is for RESEARCH purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.
- We expect you to comply with applicable laws or regulations if you plan to submit the data that contains human genetic information to us. Please also make sure your submitted data is set to RESTRICTED status by using our data submission tool. In addition, your submission should not breach participating individuals’ rights and comprise their original signed consents.
- If you visit our site to read or download information, we will automatically collect and store the following information about your visit: the domain name, the IP address, the date and time of your access, the country and state from which you access, the pages you visit and the information you request, etc.
- This information does not identify you personally. We do not store any personal identifiers. The information collected is part of a systems log file, and is only used internally for site management purposes.
- We use the information we collect to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
- To communicate effectively with visitors to our websites, we may ask you for personally-identifiable information for registration such as name, work unit, email address, or phone number. We will never give, share, sell or transfer any personal information to a third party.
- BMDC uses small files called cookies to help us customize your experience like other big websites. A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences. Cookies from BMDC web pages only collect information about your browser's visit only collect information about your browser's visit to the site; they do not collect any personal information about you.